Wednesday, January 26, 2011

Look of the Day: 1/25/11

I'd just like to say right up front that there's no guarantee that I'll actually post a 'look of the day' every day, but I'll try to post one as much as possible. This was technically yesterday's look, but I didn't get around to posting it until today...

I love bright eyeshadows, but it can be hard to rock neon colors all over your lid during the daytime. For parties, sure, but there's no way I'm showing up to my 9 AM Greek class with a crazy blue/green/yellow blended eye. But that doesn't mean I have to be all neutral, all the time - case in point, this look. The lid is just a simple wash of a nude eyeshadow, line with a black cream liner on the outer half. The real pop of color is below the lower lashline, where I used Urban Decay's Flash to smudge the purple below my lashes. Then I lined the bottom waterline in black and blended some white into the inner corners. On my lips, I'm wearing Revlon's ColorBurst lipstick in Lilac, and Revlon's Super Lustrous lipgloss in Lilac Pastelle over that. In other words, there's a lot of purple going on here.

But the basic idea is that there's no need to think of color as totally unwearable - a little pop of it here and there can really make the world of difference (and net you tons of nice compliments!)

XOXO, Ally

2 comments:

  1. Your eye makeup looks great. I'm a total natural addict. However, the purple/plum look is really nice. I might just have to try it...

    Thanks for sharing!

    Check out my fashion blog...
    http://www.timelessfashionista.net/

    ReplyDelete
  2. Pretty! I love the pop of purple! And you lipcolor is very nice, too! Thanks for sharing this, I look forward to seeing more looks from you!

    Andrée xx

    ReplyDelete