Tuesday, January 25, 2011

Sally Hansen Diamond 12 Hour Lip Treatment: Review & Swatches


The Sally Hansen Diamond 12 Hour Lip Treatment in Baguette was one of the things I snagged when I stopped by CVS a second time to make sure I hadn't missed anything from their clearance sale the first time I was there. I also needed more clear nailpolish, so I was in the Sally Hansen section and these gorgeous lip glosses just happened to catch my eye.
First off, I think the packaging is really cute. The gloss is a nice size (even though it does taper down to the bottom a bit) and I like that it's perfectly representative of the "diamond" part of the name. The color looks amazing in the tube, a hot pink with the slightest hint of a purple sheen, and you can see the sparkle really well. The applicator is also a brush, which I personally like because it gives me a lot more control than a doe-foot applicator would.
The actual gloss goes on very smoothly and doesn't feel too drying. My lips are pretty pigmented naturally so the color doesn't seem too dramatic, but it gives my lips a really nice shine and a pretty flush of pink. The gloss itself definitely has some nice pigmentation to it, though, so it should show up well for most of you. Unfortunately the sparkle in the tube doesn't transfer onto the lips too well, which was a little disappointing. That being said, this isn't a bad gloss by any means, and the color is really fantastic (I had it out on my dresser in my dorm room for this review, and one of my friends even commented on how gorgeous it looks). I was just expecting something more in the sparkle department.

Rating: 4/5

Recommendation: This is a solid lip gloss, and would be a welcome addition to the collections of beauty newbies and veterans alike. That being said, if you're looking for something high in glitter, this is not the best gloss to turn to.

XOXO, Ally

No comments:

Post a Comment