Saturday, May 14, 2011

Beauty Tips for College and Beyond - Part One: Skincare

Even if all you do is roll out of bed and head off to school or work in the morning, fresh, glowing skin can help you look flawless. Most people will have trouble with their skin at some point, and college life is not always kind to our faces. But there are a few simple things you can do to make sure you skin looks radiant all through college and beyond!

1. Take off your makeup at night. It sounds like a no-brainer, but there have been countless nights when I've gotten back to my dorm room late at night and all I've wanted to do was crawl into bed without bothering to wash my face. And if you wear foundation daily, going to sleep without taking it off on a regular basis can clog your pores and your complexion will suffer. So resist the temptation to fall asleep without first taking your makeup off, especially if you wear a lot of foundation.

2. Drink plenty of water. My favorite way to make sure I get enough water daily is to fill up my purple-college-logo Nalgene bottle twice a day - that way, I can take water with me to class or the library, and I know exactly how much I need to drink per day. Of course, you can drink your water out of whatever container you want, but make sure you stay hydrated and your skin will stay glowing!

3. Don't stress. It sounds impossible, especially in college. But you can reduce your stress levels by getting work done well before it's due, and making sure to take breaks while you work. And if you feel yourself starting to get overwhelmed, step back for a moment, go for a walk to clear your head, and come back to your work refreshed. You'll be much calmer, and it will be much easier to focus - plus, you can prevent breakouts by keeping your stress levels low!

No comments:

Post a Comment