Monday, August 12, 2013

Maybelline Baby Lips Electro - Swatches

I walked into Walmart the other day, and there it was - a huge display housing all of these beauties. I was able to grab one in each of the six shades, and for under $3 each as well!


The packaging on these is too cute - I love the black tube with the neon writing. I think they could easily fit in with the rest of your Baby Lips collection as well, but they look especially nice all on their own.


For a tinted lip balm, I feel like these have a pretty decent color payoff. You're not gonna get full, lipstick-style color coverage with these guys, but you will get a noticeable hint of color and I really think that's perfect for when you don't want to look too done-up or you just want to swipe something quick on the lips. It doesn't take much precision to apply since the pigmentation is so sheer, so these are really nice for on-the-go use. If regular lipstick can get dry and uncomfortable on you, tinted lip balms are probably perfect for you!


In terms of the actual moisturizing effect, I find that these are no better than any other lip balm, really - but I would gladly choose these Baby Lips over a normal lip balm when I'm running out the door and want some extra lip moisturization, simply because of the pretty tinted effect. These do not contain any SPF, however, so beware if you're going to be spending lots of time outside!


I think tinted lip balms are a fantastic product in general - they look nice on the lips, are easy to apply, and feel wonderful while you're wearing them. So far, these new Electro Baby Lips have definitely been a hit for me - a perfect combination of beautiful packing, a super-cool theme, and a product that works great!

XOXO, Ally

No comments:

Post a Comment