Sunday, September 4, 2011

Stila One Step PrimeColor - Review & Swatches

Stila One Step PrimeColor is described as a "primer, eye shadow, highlighter, lip color, cheek color, and bronzer," and while I suppose you could use the product for all of those things, I personally found that it only worked well for me on my face. The texture is very thick and creamy, so it felt too heavy for my lips and was hard to work with on my eyes. But as a blush or bronzer (or a highlighter, with the appropriate shades), I actually liked this product a lot. I wore it on my cheeks and set it with powder, and it lasted longer than my blush normally does on its own. It does take a little bit of work to blend, but it lasts a long time and I like the soft texture a lot. Both the shades that I received samples of with my order were very natural, but they could be made more exciting by layering a brighter blush over them.

The problem I have with these is that they're marketed as a lip color, eye shadow, blush...and they're really only useful as a face product. So while I really do like them on my cheeks and face, the fact of the matter is that they don't really work as promised. They're not a bad product if you want to spend the money on a nice, long-lasting cream blush, but don't expect them to do anything more.


 Rating: 3/5
The product isn't bad, but it doesn't live up to half of the claims that it makes.


XOXO, Ally

No comments:

Post a Comment